Following a successful AGM in December, we were delighted to launch our Annual Report for 2012 – 13. The report outlines our work over the year from our local groups across Northern Ireland and from the 24 Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline. Here are some of our headline statistics:
- In 2012-13, 880 women and 546 children stayed in our refuges across Northern Ireland. 424 women were unable to access refuge services because there were no available beds. 206 disabled women stayed in our refuges.
- A total of 3,659 women accessed Floating Support outreach services, and an additional 811 women accessed other forms of outreach service from Women’s Aid.
- 630 women accessing Floating Support presented with mental health issues. 224 women from BME communities accessed Floating Support.
- The 24 Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence answered 44,664 calls. 66% of these were from women, 1.25% were from men, 12.5% were from friends and family. The remainder were from other support agencies or workers, were admin-related, or were silent.
- 272 calls were from Black & Minority Ethnic women. 41 calls were from people who identified as LGBT. 76% of women callers suffered from mental health issues.